Thursday, July 17, 2014

Famous Land Rover touches down in Halifax - again

The world traveling Vorsters from South Africa had traversed every continent, when they visited Nova Scotia a few years ago, so maybe they are retracing their steps in their unique heavily modified ex military Land Rover 2B, powered by a GMC diesel engine.
When I spotted it today around the corner form my house, I was surprised to say the least.


With standing headroom inside and high ground clearance, the rig was supposed to be as self-sustaining as possible, and able to go anywhere a four wheeled vehicle could go. From what I have been able to find on the internet, they seem to have been able to do this despite several incidents.

The web site  I have found seems to be out of date, but is well worth a visit.

See http://www.overlandhb.co.za/

If I learn more I will update.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment