1. Halifax Regional Municipality 97-258E is a Freightliner FL 80 / Metalfab,1000 gal, 840 gpm pumper tanker. It predates the amalgamation of numerous municipalities into the HRM.
2. An independent volunteer organization, Halifax Regional Search and Rescue is one of twenty such ground search groups in Nova Scotia. It operates this Sterling Acterra fitted with a Drake body as a logisitics support unit.
4. This 1997 Spartan chassis aerial was on sale in Moncton in August.
5. A 1994 Pierce engine was also for sale. Its black over red scheme is similar to that of Chicago.
6. An unusual Saulsbury unit was also for sale in Moncton.
7. Saulsbury was a highly regarded New York state apparatus manufacturer taken over by Emergency-One in 1998. Best known for its custom rescue units until it was shut down in 2004, and work transferred to E-One's Ocala, FL plant.
8. La Malbaie, Qc runs this Mack Tibotrac as their front line, number one response engine.
9. It misbehaved one day and had to be towed home, but was back in service within a day or two.
10. The village of Les Eboulements, Qc has a nice engine locked behind closed doors, and this basic tanker, with wonky driver's side mirror frame. (The passenger side mirror can be seen in reflection.)