Saturday, July 3, 2021

New Territory

 Instead of hanging around the port area I decided to branch out a bit today and take in something different. Out in the Rocky Lake area, I spotted a nice day cab Mack tractor with no owners marking.

If I were going to haul slippery cargo like that I would like a headache rack or a trailer bulkhead.

Nearby was this short wheelbase Volvo day cab, specialized for moving mobile home and factory  built houses.


But back to the port, and all the oversize cargo that arrives by ship. One recent one was this pile driving tower bound for Ontario.


A sharp looking Western Star with a four axle trailer and single axle dolly bound for Ontario had to wait several days for permits. JNB Heavy Haul claims Brodhagen, ON as its home, but is really based in nearby Mitchell, ON near the home of some of my ancestors.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment