Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Tourist Season

The annual arrival of RVs from Europe has been going on in a small way for a few weeks, but the delivery of a dozen or more of these vehicles by ship last week marks the real beginning of the tourist season.
Since I do not get to the north end terminal as often as I used to, I tend to wait for them to come to me now.


This IVECO Daily 4X4 showed up in the south end of town this evening, bearing a Bimobil EX358 camper body. I think this is the first RV I have seen here that claims Finland as its home.

IVECO is now a wordwide brand with large market shares all over Europe, South America, Australia, New Zealand, Britain and factories in China. It is essentially FIAT, but includes many once well known brands in the truck, bus, construction equipment and firefighting.

IVECO however is largely absent from Canada and the US as a brand name, although its engines are sold here.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment