Thursday, June 22, 2023

Mack in tow

 On May 29 I posted a photo of an old Mack, and I repeated the often used phrase "Old Macks never die..." (- supply your own ending). Some Macks due from time to time require hospitalization (for jaundice?) however, and last week I caught this unfortunate member of the Mack family in the care of A-1 Towing and Recovery Ltd.

The Mack is more than a little unsual, because it carries Armour Transportation signage on its door. It may be the only Armour truck that is not painted red, it is certainly the only one I have ever seen. Armour, based in Moncton and including Pole Star, was a family owned company until sold in 2021 to Seaboard Transportation. Up until now I had not noted any change under the new owners. Seaboard was best known for tank trucks, where as Armour has been heavily involved in dry van and intermodal.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment